Where is my......
I think our house has a black hole & I’ve been pinned with the blame. Apparently every item that goes missing in the house is my responsibility. Where is x? Have you seen y? Where did you put z? I struggle to recall whether I’ve ever seen, x, y, or even z, but there’s only a vague outline of a sorta/kinda/thingamagig.
I suppose since I am usually the one who cleans up this place, that it would be logical to assume I would know the whereabouts of every item in our seemingly vast inventory of whozits, whatzits & such & such. Guess what—even I am infallible. I may gather up an assortment of thingies & never really register the specifics of what I’m cleaning up. If you do not pay attention to something, your brain will not encode it in your memory. Attention & memory go hand in hand, remember? Oh yes, I forgot, I’ve surrendered rationality for motherhood!
You know what the really big secret is? If people would pick up after themselves, & keep their array of whozits, whatzits & such & suches organized in some manner, maybe the collection of STUFF wouldn’t become lost.
Yes, this is an entry comprised strictly of a rant about, well, you know, you just read it didn’t you? Have you seen my something or other?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home