Reams
Well now. Hmmm. Okay I'm pretty worded out. Is that even a bloody sentence?
Needless to say blogging has been nonexistent, however I have been using my powers for good. No, really. I have completed a soapstone course & will be having a joint sculpture show in August--my first non-group showing. I'm almost done a pottery sculpture course as well & will finish a silk painting one this weekend. I've also planned & organized 2 birthday parties for my kids--including homemade decorated cakes. Not to mention writing my first university paper since Y2K.
Of all of the above, the paper was the most difficult. I am rusty & am dreading the outcome of my efforts. Now, I worked from 1998 until 2003 & was enrolled in university courses until 2000. But, my work-related output involved intake assessment, case conference, and monthly progress reports--not exactly challenging. The almost insurmountable hurdle is the fact that I have to organize my studies around children's activities: appointments, parties, lessons, games, illness, tantrums, naps, potty teaching, laundry, eating.....well you can fill in the rest. Another problem is that although I am a diligent student, I am an insufferable perfectionist when it comes to writing essays--blogging, not so much as you can read from my punctuation. Who knew kids would be more difficult to navigate around than a twenty-year-old's social calendar?
We did manage to visit with family. My cousin has developed an interest in photography, and my other cousin is into painting & photography as well. One of them actually sold one of her photos & the other has been commissioned to paint a mural. Genetic propensity, non? Here's a sample of their videography. It's odd how we're all on the same page when it comes to our artwork.
Speaking of pages, I need to get some reading done before hubby & eldest child return from the cinema (Ice Age 2) & youngst awakes from a very late nap... Eat my ellipisis.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home