Monday, April 24, 2006

What are we worth?

I'd like to know something. Why is it okay for the PM of Canada to pose with soldiers in Afghanistan one week, but when the same soldiers are dead the next month he can't have the Peace Tower's maple leaf fly at half mast? Oh, and Canadians won't be allowed to see the funeral procession snce the media have been banned from the proceedings, despite requests from the family to allow them (so it's not an issue of privacy or concern for the families is it?). Expendable is a word thast comes to mind. And it occurs to me that Mr. Harper has been talking to W a lot recently. It amazes me that we can live in a country that can send our citizens to be killed but we can't honor them in the simplest way.

Come to think of it, it's been an interesting couple of days. Apparently 12 year old girls and their "aquaintances" are into killing parents and siblings. It gives me pause & not just because I'm a parent. And why in the hell are the residents of the city touring by the scene of the crime like it's a display?

You know, deep down I know the answers to these questions and I'll bet you do too. How well will you sleep tonite?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home