The saga of the broken ankle continues. We've got a new (blue) cast & the staples were removed (33 total). We kept a few & I took some gnarly pix too. I debated posting one, but to be honest if you've seen Kenneth Branagh's Frankenstein you've got the idea.
We had to hire "people" to install our flooring & some movers too to make sure we kept our possession date. Homelessness looked imminent otherwise. To be honest, the movers make me pretty excited since I only have to haul a few things to staorage & to the house now, once I actually get everything finall packed.I think we're going to operate on bare bones here for the next few weeks as the more I can pack & move myself, the less we have to pay the movers to do. Ideally I'd like them to handle the furniture & some of the heavier boxes so that I can save my back & time.
I have to also study for & write a final exam for my distance ed course. Thankfully, it is short answer, short essay & maybe one longish essay, with choices for topics. I hate that it's cumulative, but it should be okay. I'm waiting on a mark for my final essay, which I am anticipating will be fairly brutal. Hopefully I can redeem myself on the final, which is worth 40%.
Hockey has started as well, so for the next few weeks, that odd sound you hear on the wind will be my howls of exasperation as I try to pack, move, transport, clean & otherwise manage to care for 2 kids & an injured husband. Good times for all!

1 Comments:
Hi there,33 stitches????And I thought mine was bad,15!you had a plate?Anyway now I feel stupid because I am 26 year old guy in a blue cast as well,lol.So,how are you feeling?Still swelling?The worst is the itching besides from the cast the incision site itches like nuts and not a thing you can do!Feel free to e-mail me mortgagebank1@gmail.com
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home