From the Inbox
A friend of mine sent out an electronic Christmas greeting as follows:
"Why send Xmas e-mails when boxing day is so much cooler? I mean my god, you just roll out of bed in an overfed torpor and belly up to fridge which is ALREADY FULL of Christmassy goodness that you DON'T HAVE TO COOK!
I can't recommend eating foie gras with a spoon at ten in the morning highly enough.Mmmm... now on to all the more or less offensive-smelling cheeses lurking in the back.
At any rate, I hope you and yours had a lovely Christmas and I wish you all the best for the new year.
Now I'll let you get on to your own debauch of leftover goodness."
I guess things in Strasbourg have settled down for my friend, whom I've known since the fourth grade. He ran away to Europe after high school and ultimately fell in love with a French girl, with whom he has a daughter now. I stayed here & fell in love with someone from my own town, and well if you've read anything in this blog you know the rest. Up until the move across the ocean, he was in love with me. Funny how things work out, isn't it?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home