Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Sore digits...

I could talk about that game last night, but everyone else is, so why bother. (Nice try though eh?). Technically, the Canadians one anyway, if you go by sheer numbers of Canucks in Carolina uniforms.

I am insanely busy trying to complete my soapstone sculptures. I have 2 left out of 6 & I can probably pull it off in less than 2 weeks, which isn't too bad since June 29 is the deadline. My hands hurt from all of the chiselling/carving/sanding/buffing. I don't think one is supposed to attempt so much sculpting in one block of time. But it will be worth it ot have 6 of my creations on display. If I'm lucky, I may have art in 3 shows simultaneously. Cool huh?

The rain actually forces me to accomplish many indoor tasks, including packing, cleaning & the later stages of carving. However, the untended yard which is invigorated by the unbelieveable accumulation of rain will make the inside jobs seem trifling. Grass & weeds really like this weather. I do not like weeding--but does anyone? The day before the second to last time I cut the lawn, (following?) I almost lost our youngest child in the back yard. Well, that's a bit of hyperbole but it gives a great visual, no?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home