Friday, November 24, 2006

All Apologies

Who knew moving could be so fun?, she wrote with a hint of sarcasm. Well, we are three weeks post move, 3 weeks plus one day post final exam and we're living in our new house with only a few boxes left to unpack and I scored an A+. Yeah, I made sure the plus was in there jsut to rub it in. Hey, I earned it so I also earn the bragging rights.

The ankle is healing better than expected according to the surgeon & therapist, so my husband is quite happy. The prospect of another surgery at a later date to remove some of the hardware is not as excitement-inducing, but it is not a certainty. A cool point to mention is the fact that he scored copies of his diagnostic imaging free from the hospital.

I am in the midst of preparing for another show in March '07. This time it's a group showing of figure work and I hope to feature both charcoal drawings and etchings, as well as at least one soapstone sculpture. There's also the miniature show at the end of March and a show in January featuring dinosaurs (seriously). The dinosaur show is limited to one piece and the miniature one is two pieces, so there is very little stress involved there. As always, I'll just ride the tide and see what transpires.

I've had some great posts composed in my mind, but they simply never made it to the screen. The stress, lack of sleep and accompanying problems with moving really aborted a number of my plans. However, we're on the upswing now and I'm hoping to have all of my projects finished shortly. Of course, Christmas is coming so I've planned and started a few handmade gifts. This year marks the first time I've actually made realistic plans after several years of caffeine-fueled sweatshop-like gift making, stereotypically late at night. I have a few great photos to enlarge, mat & frame, a few pieces of jewelry and 2 scarves to make, which is a relatively brief list when compared to years past.

I'm currently reading all of the novels by Jane Austen. I'm nearly at the end of Emma & have completed Sense & Sensibility & Pride & Prejudice. I highly recommend them if you have never read them. It's funny how much more I enjoy reading for pleasure versus required reading for credit. I suspect the freedom of choice and absence of a term paper play a part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home