Sunday, July 10, 2005

I've Got Soul...

More work on the wall today--we may actually have a fence by the end of next weekend--weather permitting. I'll feel better with a fence around the yard for the kids. I always worry when we're out there because we have a few dumb asses who drive like the alley is a highway. Also I am tired of finding other people's animals poo in my yard. We have 2 dogs of my own to clean up after as it is.

Tomorrow is the day I drop of 3 pieces for the Stampede show, then on the 15th I'll take my 2 other works to the Cultural Center so my friend Carolle can transport them in her SUV to Lethbridge. I hope everyone's "stuff" makes it to Trianon in one piece.

Speaking of Carolle, she is an intriguing person. This summer she's taking a passenger train to meet her sisters for a trip along the Gaspe region, since every year she meets up with her sisters for a trip. The last trip they drove around the East coast as well. Carolle spent 20 years in the Armed Forces after growing up very poor in Quebec. Due to her involvement with the Forces however, she has spent time in several interesting locales, including a year in Egypt. In 1991, she retired the week she was suppsoed to go to the Persian Gulf. Before moving here, she lived in the bush in B.C. growing her own food, making her own clothing, rugs etc. She always an interesting story to tell me & I am sad because she may be moving as she feels she's "done all she can" here & desires to move on. I will miss her if she leaves.

My roses smell absolutely lovely. Finally the yard work is paying off. I really need to photograph the blooms before they're gone...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home