Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Gadzooks

Sadly, this is the first post of the year for me. Hopefully it is not an indicator of my success at other ventures in 2007. It's not that I don't want to post, it's that the ideas in my noggin never seem to make it to the screen.

Not to make excuses, but I have been (honestly) busy. Watercolor painting, sculpting, drawing, etching, cleaning, volunteering as a parent helper, making baby blankets & accessories......hockey games etc. There was an art show last month that I particiapted in & another 2 upcoming, so I have been trying to prepare pieces for both of the March ones. I've discovered the etching process & really like it & have a new soapstone waiting to be sculpted, so at least there's the promise of "something" in the end.

I've also been reading, which in and of itself is not a new pursuit by any means. I decided to try to read all of Iris Murdoch's works & have read her first & last novel and working on her second. I also read her husband's (John Bayley) memoir of their life together, including her later years dealing with Alzheimer's. I'm not sure why I chose her books, but I tend to be interested in the writing of women in general, and had wondered why Murdoch's books weren't mentioned in any of the classes I've taken. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home