Friday, June 10, 2005

Rolling...




Yowsa! We are experiencing a flood. Thankfully the water levels aren’t as high as last time, although there have been conflicting reports regarding when the river will crest. My mom lives in the outer edges of the flood plain & hasn’t been put on evacuation stand- by so I think we’re in the clear. The trail I walked along yesterday has been submerged & the water is moving unbelievably quickly though. I spoke with a guy who had an amazing amount of photography equipment yesterday. He was going to send his images to Calgary for potential relief efforts. He supposedly was involved in the 1995 flood with communications or something. I just wish stupid people wouldn’t do things like ask their kids to pose on the banks of a raging, unpredictable river, or jump off of bridges for fun. Let’s just hope that nobody gets seriously hurt & diverts manpower away from more pressing activities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home