Saturday, November 05, 2005

I Vont to be Alone

Survived Halloween, although I wonder if my teeth will. Too much candy leftover at our place! We did carve some killer pumpkins though.

Busy with Life Drawing--we have recruited a few new undraped models which is great. I get bored with the same person repeatedly. The one woman is curvaceous & quite a challenge to draw. I haven't seen the male nude yet so I can't comment on him--but I will I'm sure.... I've been using charcoal again to focus on values. I felt really rusty after an idle summer & regret not keeping my promise to myself to draw every day. I hope t owork back into calk pastels again because I have a lot of fun playing with color. Mind you, I've really been experimenting with high contrast & am going to work more on the compostion as a whole, with the hopes of letting the negative space work more for me.

I'm excited about the one-day Encaustic wax workshop I'm enrolled in for December. Nothing like going back to an ancient art form... I may also be involved with a 16 week series on sculpture next spring. I've been asked to teach but I suggested a peer based approach instead of a sole facilitator.

I've been taking our daughter to swim lessons. Now when you think of yourself in a swim suit--do you feel confident? I know I was loathe to slip on the spandexy suit, given the fact that I've birthed 2 kids & things are not what they were 6 years ago. Of course, it really helped that my husband's ex girlfriend is in the class. At least she's not the same either--meow. I was hoping to be in an anonymous group of blubbery women. Luckily I'm on the good side of the middle of the pack.

Anyway, gearing up for Christmas already. I like to have all of my gift shopping done by December 1st to avoid crowds which I loathe. Can you feel the antisocial tendency?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home