Friday, September 16, 2005

Killjoys

Do you know someone who always rains on the parade? I know people who just don't seem to be capable of being happy for themselves, let alone others.

Maybe you know a person who, no matter what the circumstance, there's a point of contention, an area of complaint, regardless of the level of enjoyment or satisfaction of those around him/her. I really think the root of the issue may be envy-god forbid others else enjoys themselves eh? If you're sick, s/he's (been) sicker. Broke, well s/he's nearly bankrupt & unemployed. Feel stressed out? Well s/he's got one on you. And if perchance you point out the positives in a situation, s/he'll figure out a way to degrade them.

The other person is the picture of envy but expresses it by saying s/he wouldn't drive the vehicle I drive, live in the neighborhood you do etc. If you point out something, anything, that you covet, s/he'll scurry to buy it before you can. Everything you enjoy is beneath him/her.

If you look beyond the superficial, bravely peel back the layers, you will learn that they're truly unhappy people, in part to poor choices. Apparently trying to downgrade someone else's success/joy/happiness helps their lives seem better. Hey whatever works for ya I guess. I think if people invested time in working on themselves, improving themselves & their circumstances, striving for goals/excellence in all that they do, instead of griping about everybody else, they'd be a lot happier and have more friends.

1 Comments:

At 11:36 PM , Blogger Gina said...

You just described my husband. tfs

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home