Monday, September 05, 2005

PJ

Saw Pearl Jam last night & haven't come down yet (from the excitement...not anything else). I had goosebumps from the moment I saw them walk on stage. It was a show well worth every penny. Our seats were great, sound was great, & the energy of the crowd was amazing (aside from the guy who jumped 20ft during the 2nd encore & was escorted apaprently relatively unhurt outside). I mean we're talking Matt Cameron, Eddie Vedder, Stone Gossard & Mike McCready here. Wow.

I admit I was worried about the show beforehand-were the seats going to be good? would the sound be what I expected? would they play the non-hits (yes!!!!)? I hate going to shows where they crank out the old hits & shy away from the less commercial ones(& often superior in many ways). I wish I was going to another show tonight--I should have planned things better because it could have happened!

If you're curious, you can go to here & download the shows for $9.99. Here's the set list if you're a cheapo (but really the live experience is divine:

Oceans, Last Exit, Corduroy, Whipping, Hail Hail, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, Red Mosquito, Even Flow, MFC, Daughter, Alone, Insignificance, Not For You, Black, Save You, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: Elderly WOman Behing a Counter.., Thumbing My Way, Sleight Of Hand, Hard To Imagine, Alive

2nd encore: Betterman/(I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend" by the Ramones), Last Kiss, Rockin' in the Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

That's right: 2 1/2 hours, 26 songs (yes 2 encores). Amazing....

1 Comments:

At 12:23 AM , Blogger MC said...

Sounds like you had a divine time -- and I mean that -- like a religious experience. I am impressed that you could recall, in order, the songe PJ played.

There is not a chance that I could recall what Garbage played, in order, immediately after the concert.

Matt Cameron is one of my favorite drummers of all time.

I would have liked to have heard that they played Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns -- but then, that was a Mother Love Bone song, though it was featured on a PJ live album.

I am, just a little bit, envious.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home