Argh.....

Okay so I've been a complete & utter blog slacker. I've been busy I just didn't write about it. I had every intention of writing a number of brilliant posts and actually wrote a few in my head. I just didn't manage to transfer these imagined posts anywhere tangible. Sue me.
Mr. Very Green Grasshopper there enjoyed my tiger lily. He also managed to sufficiently creep out my son, who contrary to male stereotypes does not enjoy insects, unless they are crushed under his heel. In fact, as the wasps who have taken up residence in my doghouse can attest, he is more than alarmed at the presence of most thingss that buzz, crawl on multiple legs, fly in our vicinity etc. You see my mother is allergic to wasp stings and her reticence (understatement of the year) has rubbed off on my son with respect to the stinging bastards (which really isn't a bad thing is it?). However I suspect he's begun generalizing to most insects, except butterflies which he finds harmless. This age is when phobias begin so I wonder if he'll be a lifelong insect-a-phobe. We'll see.
With that out of the way, I really don't have a lot to write. In one week I'll be seeing Pearl Jam. To say I am pretty excited would be ridiculously understated. I have work in two shows simultaneously in different galleries--in different cities. We actually drove to the out of town show last week & so should you. There were some really interesting copper & pottery sculptures that were very interesting, not to mention my 2 pieces (humble I know).
I've been reading like mad again & really enjoyed How to Be Good & The Long Way Down by Nick Hornby, who wrote High Fidelity & About a Boy (both became movies). Speaking of publications, I also completed my first newsletter as editor of the art club newsletter. I use publication rather loosely, since I don't even think you could rank it as vanity press! But it is utilitarian & was proof read by a PhD in English, who gave it the thumbs up, so that should count for something right?!
With the recent reading of several British-based novels & a few watchings of Bend it Like Beckham (don't ask), I've picked up some nice Brit slang, which inexplicably seeps into everyday conversation. Trust me, you don't hear a lot of that kind of talk around our house usually, but I've taken to calling things crap, as in "I drew a crap picture today", or you might hear me call someone a "slag". Although "barmy" hasn't slipped out yet, as in "my neighbor is a barmy slag" I might try to ease it in somewhere. I haven't exchanged "eh" for "yeah" nor do I peak with any affectation like Madonna seems to, or Gwyneth Paltrow. Maybe if I had a British husband I'd be more inclined.
We're off camping for a few days again, which I am not really jazzed about but I'll get over it. If you see me filling my pockets with stones however, you'll know how the trip is going (see Virginia Woolf for explanation).

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home