We Are the Champions
We received a call from the organizer of the Stampede show today, ensuring my son's attendance at the Opening Reception Monday, as he had won a cash prize. I don't think it has sunk in yet, although he seemed happy when we first told him. Mind you, the attention capacity of a 4 year old is negligible, so I wasn't expecting too much. We are very proud of him. It may be beginner's luck--but this is the first painting he created on a real canvas & also his first work to be on display. Now if only I could have art-related income....
More work on the wall today. Progress, progress, progress. The boys are going on an overnight fishing/tenting trip, leaving my daughter & I to fend for ourselves. I think the trip is merely a ruse to drive MY new Ford Escape however. Don't be too jealous--I earned that truck with a 6 inch abdominal scar, opened twice.

2 Comments:
That's some fantastic news! I firmly believe artistic talents are genetic. Techniques can be learned, but ultimately, it's either in our blood, or it's not.
If that's true I should also be a drummer & be able to play the bag pipes (my dad does both)! I better get on that.. Although my dad is also a psychologist ....hmm. My mom has some artistic leanings, which trace back to her dad so there's definitely a genetic basis.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home