Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Waiting for the Sun

I went to lunch on Monday for the farewell gathering for my friend. I had a really nice time but part of me is sorry to see her go. However, we will stay in touch & who knows, maybe my travels will lead her way sometime.

That night we also accepted the cheque for my son's painting at the reception. He was absolutely quiet, in part because the presentation was made the Stampede Queen & Princes I'm sure. He received second place in the preschool category, so his painting has a large blue ribbon beside it. The only downside was the dirty look some cranky lady gave me because I brought our 16 month old to the reception. Apparently nobody is allowed to talk, at all, and that goes double for really small people. My daughter wasn't even making "noise" but this lady turned and scowled at me when my daughter pointed at a display cabinet & said "baseball". Jeez. I guess there will always be those who subscribe to the "children should be seen but not heard" edict. It's kind of strange, since she was a child once herself, although she may also be a believer of the "her shit doesn't stink" theory. Oh well life is really too short to care about these events. I really shouldn't have wasted space on it in the first place!

I have to figure out which item to put in the September Centennial show. I may just lame out & put a soapstone sculpture I did last year to avoid the hassle of matting/framing. The deadline is the 15th of August but we're supposed to go camping on the long weekend (with my husband's extended family...sigh) & there's still a load of yard & house "stuff" to complete before fall. I also need to put the finishing touches on the newsletter (once the program info is given to me). We'll see.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home