Man-Cub
Well, I've unpacked the debris from our camping trip (see below) & the laundry has all been washed & nearly folded. The heat rash on the baby's neck & elbow folds has diminished, no doubt aided by our recent rainy, cool weather (godsend). What were we thinking? Oh yes, family time with the in-laws making precious memories. I can see us around the dinner table, maybe at Christmas or the wedding of one of our kids: Remember that time when our son nearly fell in the cess pool of an outhouse in the middle of the god forsaken prairie in 40 degree Celsius August heat? Yes I do! What a lovely time we had trying to clean that up.
Okay, maybe that's a bit of hyperbole. But he really did almost fall into the outhouse toilet our first day on our trip. He wouldn't use the outhouse after that, and I'm talking 3 days of living like he was raised by wolves. I won't go into any more detail, suffice to say that I threw out some clothing as a result.
Actually I've been thinking about baggage recently, & not just because I had to unpack 7 loads of laundry's worth. This past weekend really highlighted the idea of emotional, familial baggage for me. I'll have to reserve comment for another day becasue I'm still working out all that i want to write. Consider this a sort of bookmark for future reference.

1 Comments:
I am still afraid of falling into an outhouse. That, and the stench is unbearable.
I'd sooner take my chances in the wild. Consider Bob Seger's "Against The Wind" as a starting point.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home