Friday, September 02, 2005

S.o.S.

I could have titled this New Orleans is Sinking because it's been on repeat in my mind all day, but it seems to be the wrong sentiment. I was going to bitch about a crap camping trip but it seems a little trite given the situation along the Gulf due to Hurricane Katrina. I am horrified by some of the images of people dying, the racist commentary & humbled by the thought that I really do not have any excuse to complain that lucky geography has kept my family & me safe.

Poverty, age & skin color could very well be the determining factors in how this situation plays out. Let's hope there's some tangible relief sooner rather than later.

1 Comments:

At 7:32 PM , Blogger Crystal said...

The racial element is definitely pretty disturbing and I'm glad the media picked up on that. The lack of leadership is just unexcuseable and the chaos/looting is not the victims fault, whenever there is a void things like this will happen. They were told to go to the Astrodome yet no food/water/instructions were waiting for them once they got there. Gesh, what a disaster.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home