Saturday, September 03, 2005

Katrina: State of Emergency

I can't believe the news today, I can't close my eyes & make it go away.........

I only know New Orleans from all of the books I've read. Not just Anne Rice's vampiric New Orleans either.

I saw little kids in the Houston Astrodome playing with Elmo dolls, sitting on blankets strewn on the floor...weeping...newborn babies seperated from their mothers...people on life support dying due to lack of electricity....x's spray painted on the doors of the houses of the dead...mothers holding starving , naked children....missing sons, daughters, mothers, fathers....besides geography, what links these people? The color of their skin.

Al Sharpton has called Bush's response "inexcusable" & that the people forced to flee are not "refugees" but SURVIVORS. A very important distinction.

Somehow I don't think celebrities cutting cheques can mask what's going on here. Can you see it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home