People are Strange

This is my son, in a snap taken a few minutes ago. Last Monday was Halloween, which he enjoyed immensely. Until he broke out in fever in the middle of the night & spent the past week in bed. Yesterday I thought he was well again & we even went to his swim lessons. Then through last night he was sick again -- the sick that requires buckets by the bed. Yuck. Of course, since Wednesday my daughter has also been feverish & then the icing on top was my husband's illness starting Friday. Yes I'v ebeen having a good week.
Speaking of swimming, you may have noticed the goggles on my son. They were a cheap pair purchased at a big box store. I will have to invest in a better pair, particularly after yesterday's lesson in which my son was able to retrieve items from the bottom of the pool. That means going all the way under water & holding your breath. The goggles apparently are what Samson's hair was to him. On one occasion the goggles were only around his neck but he still went under & grabbed a baton. Granted the water was only 2 feet deep but he went all the way under. Last week he wouldn't even put his face in, never mind his whole body. Progress thanks to cheap plastic. Funny that.
In other "news", I watched an interview with Ray Manzarek of The Doors. It brought back memories of my misspent (well not totally if you ask certain people) youth, searching in vain to find ways to tap into my creativity. Lots of time was devoted to reading (Huxley, Ginsberg, Ferlinghetti, Kerouac) so it couldn't have all been a waste (tell that to the brain cells I lost...). I miss my younger self sometimes....
I'm going to watch Treehouse of Terror now..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home