Sicko
My husband has been sick for a week now. Help me somebody!!! I have three sick people in my house..... My husband is the biggest baby of them all, and it's hard to top a toddler with the flu whose also getting all 4 molars at once.
Our baby passed her swim lessons--she was the only one in her class of 10 who could kick and blow bubbles indepedently. Not that this early achievment is indicative of anything, but some of the other moms were actually bitter over our girl's success. Are you kidding me? Good luck with the things that actually matter ladies! There's nothing worse than a competitive mother. Would I be saying this if my baby wasn't the keener--yes I would. She's one--give me a break.
After each lesson in the main pool, the babies were allowed to go into the toddler pool. I felt like sliding under the water and drowning myself on more than one occasion. All of the moms sat and compared notes on their kids, handing out backhanded compliments along the way. I know most parents think that their own kids are geniuses, and it's good to have support from your parents, but some days the climate in the pool was less than productive. And since my baby was the oldest, plenty of times people wanted to know when she had met certain milestones. I just kept reminding people that you can't use oter kids as a benchmark for your own, probably to little avail.
Not only that, but what's the deal with talking about nothing but babies. I love my kids. However, I don't think that every conversation should revolve around them--contrary to today's post... ha ha. Not once did I hear conversations about art, music, literature--not even a tv show for heaven's sake. Our city just opened a huge new arts/culture mecca and not one of those mothers were the slightest interested. It was very disappointing. Mind you I suppose I shouldn't be looking at pool patrons for cultural or artistic discussions. Thank gawd for the Cultural Center and my art club cronies.. (although having spent this morning typing a grant proposal for the club even the arts have lost their shine but just for today..).
Sigh.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home