8
Well this has been an interesting day. We've had wind, rain & hail in less than an hour & my son's sporting event still wasn't cancelled. Depending on how you look at it the evening hasn't turned out too badly though, as our 3 year old was unbelievably cranky due to a missed nap, so I was forced to bring her home early & she fell asleep before I was halfway to our house. Needless to say, I'm stealing a few moments while there is some quiet. After listening to a pile driver all day, then having a less than jovial evening--let's say the song "silence is golden" is ringing true right now.
I've been reconnecting with some old friends online lately & am amazed at how far flung & diverse my friends are. On one hand, it makes me feel very boring, since we seem to be living a cliched, suburban life while friends are acting in commercials, teaching overseas & participating in an array of other interesting activities. On the other, I am aware of the adage that the grass isn't always greener, so I guess I shouldn't sulk too much. Perhaps my mood has been mediated by the fact that I didn't have the greatest of days. There is always tomorrow right?
I was hoping to see a rainbow since the sun is peeking out now because I'd really like to capture a few photos, but we'll see. I've been mulling over ideas for an upcoming invitational photography show that has "Sacred Space" as its theme. It probably would be cheesy to catch a shot of a rainbow with the idea I had in mind, but the symbolism of rainbows in Christianity woud work nicely with the the theme. Funny how a declared agnostic/atheist (depending on the day) is pondering this...
You may have noticed the 8 in my title. Am I being cryptic? No, just a note to signify my eighth wedding aniversary. Eight years ago it was much nicer out & the smell of lilacs was intoxicating while today is soggy & grey. Hopefully the weather isn't a portent of things to come.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home